The integration of digital technology is transforming the delivery of legal services and changing how lawyers operate and deliver value to their clients. Further, changing client demands and impacts from the pandemic have accelerated the pace of digital adoption and provided new business opportunities for small and medium size legal firms. This webinar will explore these issues to help prepare your practice's digital transformation strategy.
12:00 p.m. - Opening remarks
Collin Smith, Director of Marketing, LexisNexis Canada Inc.
12:05 - 12:55 p.m.
Latest developments in legal technology: enhancing productivity and efficiency
Technology is rapidly evolving the practice of law, as ongoing developments offer new service capabilities and overall efficiencies, while also allowing for enhanced experience for clients. With these latest technologies, product innovations, and digital strategies having the potential to not only revolutionize the way law firms and corporate legal departments operate, but to also increase both efficiency and profits, those that choose to ignore them risk finding themselves at a competitive disadvantage. This panel of leading experts will explore the latest technological trends to assist law firms and in-house legal departments to drive efficiency in their organizations and thrive in an evolving legal industry.
• Newest technologies lawyers can use to help improve service delivery and automate their administrative tasks: freeing up resources and time for more complex and value-added work
• New developments in contract drafting software that reduce risk, provide better oversight and lessen the time spent on standardized procedures
• Role of automation and AI in driving law firm productivity
• How new technologies are forcing firms to rethink how they operate
• Digitizing knowledge management: leveraging data to improve advice and your customer/client experience
• Helen Voudouris, Director of Online Product Management, LexisNexis Canada Inc.
• Charles E. Gluckstein, Managing Partner, Gluckstein Lawyers
• Susan Wortzman, Partner, McCarty Tetrault LLP
• Al Hounsell, Senior Innovation Lawyer, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
• Natalie Munroe, Chief, Osler Works - Transactional & Legal Operations, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Director of Online Product Management | LexisNexis Canada Inc.
Helen Voudouris is a product management professional who has been developing content and products for the Canadian legal industry for over 10 years. She received a Bachelor of Laws in 2008 from Osgoode Hall Law School and was called to the Bar of...
Charles Gluckstein was called to the Ontario Bar in 1999. His practice focuses on catastrophic injury claims from personal injury including birth trauma, medical negligence, motor vehicle claims, occupier liability issues, and all areas of...
Susan Wortzman is a partner in the Toronto offices of McCarthy Tétrault and leads the firm’s e-Discovery and information management practice. Susan was named one of the Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers in 2020 by Canadian Lawyer Magazine.
Senior Innovation Lawyer | Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Al Hounsell is a senior lawyer and innovation leader responsible for leading client innovation and the Norton Rose Fulbright Canada innovation solutions development team. Mr. Hounsell works at the intersection of law and innovation, directing...
Natalie Munroe is Chief, Osler Works – Transactional & Legal Operations, our internal incubator for innovation at the firm. It delivers enterprise and transactional practice group solutions. Osler Works – Transactional is Osler’s in-house...