The pandemic has highlighted the importance of place as a way of bringing together professionals to deliver local services to a local population. However, the pandemic exposed some uncomfortable truths about gaps in services, health inequalities and difficult relationships between local authorities and the NHS.
This session will focus on discussion what can be learnt from the experience of places through the Covid pandemic:
• Reducing health inequalities
• Harnessing the power of community assets to deliver change
• Partnership between the NHS and local authorities
• Filling the gaps in services exposed by Covid (e.g., care homes, community services and mental health services)
• The role of GPs and primary care in a post-Covid world
• [Co-chair] Chris Ham, Board Advisor, CF*
• [Co-chair] Hannah Farrar, Chief Executive, CF*
• Fiona Edwards, ICS Lead, Frimley
• Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive, Newcastle Upon Tyne
• Jo Sauvage, Chair, North Central London CCG
• Donna Hall, Chair, NLGN & Board Advisor, CF
Hannah has held senior positions in the NHS and central government. As Director of Strategy at NHS London, Hannah delivered major programmes of strategic change, including ‘Healthcare for London’ a system strategy for health and care in the...
Professor Sir Chris Ham is currently independent chair of the Coventry and Warwickshire STP and non-executive director of the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust. He has recently been appointed as co-chair of the new NHS Assembly. His interests...
Appointed to her current post as Chief Executive of Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust in April 2005 Fiona led the Trust through a successful merger, becoming a Foundation Trust and forging innovative partnerships to deliver the...
Donna is currently an Integrated Care System advisor to NHSE, the Chair of the innovative think-tank the New Local Government Network, Chairs Bolton NHS Foundation Trust and is an appointed non-executive advisor to Birmingham City Council. Donna...
At CF, our mission is simple – to improve health and care, by inspiring clients to innovate and sustain change, through a talented and trusted team of people, supported to stretch the bounds of possibility. Learn more at https://carnallfarrar.com.