This webinar will feature the results of a study of how gifting was being managed by 50 online retailers spanning seven categories during the 2020 holiday season. Following a presentation of the findings by Lauren Freedman, president of the e-tailing group, which conducted the study, a panel of ecommerce leaders will share their POV gifting strategies and execution - how they evolved, where things are headed and current challenges and opportunities.
• Lauren Freedman, President, the e-tailing group
• Lori Gatto, Sr. Director Digital Marketing, Chico's FAS, Inc.
• Jackie Diette, Director, E-Commerce at kate spade new york
• John Grech, Head of Retail Partnerships, GiftNow
• Moderated by: Scott Silverman, Co-Founder, CommerceNext
SPECIAL BONUS WEBINAR: Stop Asian Hate: How to Avoid Racial Stereotypes in Marketing
IMPORTANT: IF YOU REGISTER FOR THE GIFTING WEBINAR, YOU'RE AUTOMATICALLY REGISTERED FOR THIS BONUS WEBINAR
With May being Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, we wanted to take a moment to stand in solidarity with our Asian community members and host a webinar discussion on how to avoid racial stereotypes in marketing.
Marketing has always been a powerful storytelling vehicle and as activist Marian Wright Edelman said, “You can't be what you can't see.” As marketers and storytellers, we want to discuss our role in helping shape the perception of Asian Americans in our community.
For this webinar, we’ll be joined by Godon Ho, a veteran digital marketer and Board Member of CAPE (Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment). CAPE has been advancing Asian representation in the entertainment industry and Gordon will offer his perspective on how marketing can also play a role.
This webinar will explore the following themes:
• How the ‘bamboo ceiling’ can be reinforced or broken by marketing and media portrayals of Asian Americans;
• The unconscious bias that can be found in algorithms if not checked;
• Ways marketers can use their storytelling powers to educate their companies and their customers; and
• How to be anti-racist or an ally to your community and colleagues.
• Gordon Ho, Principal, CMO & President at Xpertainment and Board Member at Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment (CAPE)
• Ekta Chopra, Chief Digital Officer at e.l.f. Beauty
• Qun Wei, Head of Growth Data & Analytics at Lemonade
• Moderated by: Veronika Sonsev, Co-Founder, CommerceNext
Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 2:00 PM
Eastern Time (US & Canada)