Covid-19 has had a devastating impact on access to non-Covid care and treatment. We know there are over a million extra patients awaiting hospital treatment. The NHS has issued guidance for ‘accelerating the return to near-normal levels of non-Covid health services, making full use of the capacity available in the ‘window of opportunity’ between now and winter.’
In this webinar we will be discussing these issues with front-line clinicians and patient safety experts.
Key Learning Points:
• Front line workers perspectives, health and social care
• RCP estimates of speciality capacity https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/guidelines-policy/returning-nhs-even-keel • Safe staffing levels
• Safe care and new guidelines
• Engaging and informing patients and for them to present for care
• Managing patient deterioration whilst waiting
• Prioritisation and inequality issues
Should you have difficulties viewing the live webinar please try the following in order:
• Refresh your web page
• Exit the webinar and re-join
• Try a different browser
• Try dialling in to listen with a phone - UK dial-in number is: +44 1793 250421
How are organisations tackling this treatment backlog?
How is access to treatment and care being prioritised?
What are the risks to patient safety and are they being addressed?
What are the physical and psychological staff safety issues?
Please register for this Webinar to view the dial-in info.
Senior Charge Nurse, Emergency Department, Homerton University Hospital
I am a Senior Charge Nurse in the Emergency Department in Homerton University Hospital and have been qualified for just over 7 years. Although a full time clinical member of staff, my passion is to improve processes within the area I work. This...
Helen is an experienced leader in organisational effectiveness and transformational change. She has held leadership roles in healthcare in the UK and the World Health Organisation and the National Patient Safety Agency, Equality and Human Rights...