This webinar (held March 11, 2021) is now available on demand
. Registered attendees of the live webinar received links to the webinar recording and the webinar slide deck. Didn't register for the live webinar?
For streaming access to the webinar recording, please register with the form on this page. Contact us (email@example.com
) to receive a copy of the detailed webinar slide deck with your registration. WEBINAR OVERVIEW
Tax-return reporting has changed yet again for the 2021 tax season, including for capital gains, alternative minimum tax (AMT), and estimated taxes. This tax season brings more risk than ever for expensive mistakes with tax returns involving stock compensation, including cost-basis reporting for stock sales.
Watch on demand at your convenience
this lively educational webinar on tax-return topics for stock comp. Understand the rules of tax-return reporting for stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, ESPPs, and sales of company shares. Learn how to avoid the common mistakes that can lead to overpaying taxes or unwanted IRS attention.
This webinar is presented in 75 fast-paced minutes by Bruce Brumberg, Esq., editor-in-chief and co-founder of myStockOptions and a Forbes.com contributor.TOPICS INCLUDE
• Review of tax treatment for equity comp
• Changes in tax-return reporting that apply to stock comp
• Errors with cost-basis reporting that can lead to overpaying capital gains tax
• Key forms needed to report income and stock sales on IRS Form 1040, Form 8949, and Schedule D
• Avoiding double-counting of W-2 income from options, restricted stock/RSUs, and dividends
• Ensuring AMT from ISO exercises is reported and what to do if it isn’t
• Preventing inaccurate calculation of ESPP income
• Special issues with wash sales and share identification to reduce capital gains
• Preventing painful tax return mistakes with sell-to-cover exercises and RSU share withholding
• Checklist for reviewing your tax return before filing CONTINUING EDUCATION
1.5 CE credit hours for:
• Certified Financial Planners (after watching, please email your CFP ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Certified Equity Professionals (CEPs)
• CPWA and CIMAQUESTIONS?
Please contact the myStockOptions team at 617-734-1979 or email@example.com