In this masterclass, you will be introduced to the building blocks of a winning digital marketing strategy. You'll receive handy tips and tricks as well as examples of each of the elements used in creating a successful digital marketing strategy.
Why attend this Masterclass:
- learn how to connect your business and marketing objectives with new digital comms objectives to acquire new audiences.
- gain insights into how to identify target audiences from digital behaviour and break away from relying on old style demographics.
- explore how to create meaningful digital comms objectives, and how you go about choosing simple channel strategies for audiences in the sales funnel.
- receive examples on how to connect asset purposes to conversion goals.
- learn how you can identify meaningful key performance indicators (KPIs) and how to create critical success factors (CFSs), allowing you to predict the level of success and measure performance.
Principal Lecturer in Digital Marketing at Manchester Metropolitan University and co-author of the 7th edition of Digital Business & E-commerce Management
David Edmundson-Bird is Principal Lecturer in Digital Marketing at Manchester Metropolitan University, where he has grown an academic team of digital marcomms specialists since 2004 from 1 (himself) to more than 10 in a wider department of 60. He has enjoyed several spells in academia as well as senior management roles in the digital sector and helped to set up Manchester’s second web design agency, Sozo, back in 1995.
He set up the UK’s first part-time MSc in Digital Marketing in 2007 for MMU, as well as their first full-time MSc Digital Marketing Comms in 2016 and Manchester Met’s Global E-Learning MSc in Digital Marketing in 2018 in partnership with the private learning provider, MMC. He also led the creation of Man Met’s Digital Marketing Degree Apprenticeship, now recruiting for its 3rd cohort
David currently runs a number of courses at Man Met, including learning on SEO, E-Commerce, Value Proposition Design, Digital Strategy and most recently a new postgraduate unit on Futurology and Digital Innovation. He is the recipient of an educational excellence in digital award, looking at the transformation of learning experiences through innovation and improving digital literacy.
David is Chair of Global Judging Standards for Don’t Panic and We are Search. His role is to ensure objectivity, transparency and consistency across the judging panels for all Don’t Panic / We are Search assets, and to provide a quality assurance process in the judging process. He was Chair of Judges for the UK Search Awards 2020.
He is co-author of 7th edition of Digital Business & E-commerce Management with Dave Chaffey and Tanya Hemphill.
He sits on the Board FutureEverything and is a trustee of The Education Trust.