During this webinar, the following questions will be explored:
• What's so appealing about gaming, and what makes it so addictive?
• How can parents tell the difference between healthy recreational gaming and problematic gaming?
• How can parents talk to their children about their gaming habits?
• What are the pillars of effective rules and consequences, and how to prevent gaming from becoming problematic?
We will examine strategies to address concerns like:
• What to do if a parent’s child is at risk; how and what kinds of limits to set.
• What to do if gaming has already become an issue in the family.
Nadja Streiter, LMSW is a psychotherapist and parent coach in Westport, Connecticut. She has specific expertise in treating adolescents and adults who struggle with Video Game Addiction and other technology-based problematic behaviours, as well as...