Many new data are emerging in recent years - real time data is collected through digital health technologies, including apps and wearables, monitoring data, social media data, public datasets, and patient organization data, in addition to primary and secondary datasets.
Real life data are highly informative and can be used to address a range of challenges throughout the product life cycle. Data from social media can generate valuable insights as patients often gather in digital communities to get answers and share their experiences. Conversations on social networks merit special consideration as they can have real world influence over treatment management decisions.
Social media data can reveal the motivations that impact patient healthcare decisions and behaviors through each stage of the care pathway. These data provide both the patient and caregiver perspectives at the same time. For this reason, conversations on social networks offer an opportunity to deepen our understanding on:
- The fears and hopes associated with patient treatments
- Daily needs and difficulties patients are facing in managing their disease
- The impact of disease on patient health related quality of life
- Identification in real life of the stages of the care pathway and patient perceptions
- Reactions to health policies
Watch this webinar for insights on how to collect, use, analyze, and interpret social media data in different contexts. Our experts share knowledge from over fifteen years of successfully developing and adapting algorithms to treat this kind of data. Key Topics:
- The why, when, what and how of social media data use
- Different types of successful projects using this data
- How to think critically about its use
- The do’s and don’ts on communicating social media data results