4IR: How can African mining harness technology and automation in a pandemic to help grow economies?
• How should labour and industry work together to ensure Africa’s mining sector does not fall behind while safeguarding employees?
• Establishing a way forward post-Covid: what are the next steps for labour and industry?
• What opportunities has the global pandemic presented for new technology testing and adoption?
• Updates on The African Union (AU) Agenda 2063 - a blueprint to support the continent’s accelerated growth, tech transformation, and to drive the benefits of a digitised economy.
• The AU agenda is aligned to South Africa’s own National Development Plan (NDP) 2030 vision of transforming the country into an inclusive and innovative digital society.
Alfred Baku is the Executive Vice President and Head of Gold Fields West Africa (GFWA). Alfred was appointed to the role in 2014 and oversees the company’s Tarkwa and Damang gold mines in the Western Region of Ghana.
Director - Social & Economic Development Programme, ICMM
Nicky joined ICMM in June 2017. She is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership to ICMM’s work in this area, including the skills for the common future, community relations, security and human rights, tax and mineral...
As Executive Head Coal Operations, it is my responsibility to oversee the operations and functioning of the Coal Business and its ventures that are managed by Exxaro Coal, where I have been working for the past fourteen years. Additionally, I...