You don't have permission to view this recording. Please log in or use your personalized link.
About This Webinar
This is the second session of our 2-part series on Employment Law 101. In this introductory course, we will guide you through the fundamentals of employment law, from understanding the legal framework to the best practices for hiring and termination.
This course will touch on all facets of the individual employment relationship and participants will gain an understanding of:
– Best practices in drafting an employment contract and pitfalls to avoid;
– Key aspects of employment standards legislation, both federally and provincially;
– Common law obligations of employers and employees;
– Considerations relating to human rights, workers' compensation and privacy;
– Approaches for dealing with underperformance and misconduct;
– The factors to consider when ending the employment relationship, including what constitutes cause and other liability considerations.
David acts for both public and private sector clients in relation to all aspects of employment, labour relations and human rights law. This includes advising on, drafting and negotiating contracts of employment and independent contractor agreements, collective agreements, policies and other materials relating to terms and conditions of employment, with a particular emphasis on issues relating to the employment of senior executives.
Karen advises public and private sector employers on employment, labour, human rights and privacy matters. She has assisted clients with a broad range of issues including drafting employment agreements and policies, collective agreement interpretation, human rights and disciplinary matters.