This webinar will look at the Digital Innovation that has been taking place at Coventry City Council around 5G, Internet of Things, Integrated Care Records, their Place Progamme and the new technology that have been using
Host, LocalGovDigital LOCKDOWN
Creator of Public Sector Forums, #channelshiftcamp, Public Sector Customer Services Forum & Event Maker @ LocalGovDigital
Rich has extensive IT experience and is currently specialising in IT and enterprise architecture, business analysis and the creation of business cases. Recent successful projects include SAN migration, BYOD, data centre migration, Network Modernisation, Unified Communications.
Coventry is a city which has been through great adversity, including wartime and the decline of the British manufacturing industry.
The future is looking bright, however, due to a number of exciting developments.
• The city of culture if coming to Coventry. This will help to transform the city, bringing investment and renewed focus to a city that could do with some TLC.
• Coventry won the bid for 5G Urban Connected Communities. This means that the 5G programme will be accelerated in the West Midlands region and an application accelerator will be situated in the city centre to help innovations get off the ground and to help add scale
• Coventry City Council had the foresight to develop its own fibre network, an asset which is now being enhanced to deliver full fibre broadband to 127000 properties in the city via city fibre. Openreach and Virgin are also building their own fibre networks so the city will be amongst the best connected in Europe.
• There are other innovations taking place in the city. Internet of Things (IOT) is up and running and already delivering surprising use cases.
• From a smart transport point of view Coventry’s heritage has leveraged partnerships with key local manufacturers such as Jaguar Land Rover and LEVC (London taxi company). This has enabled the Connected Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) testbed project otherwise known as midlands future mobility.