The CYP 450 family of liver enzymes is the main pathway of detoxification of various chemicals in the body, from our hormones to xenobiotics. Chemical components of plants, whether taken as foods or herbal products, have known effects on the action of these enzyme pathways. In this talk, we'll review the literature on these known effects and speculate on how that might impact the detoxification of our hormones. This could have clinical implications both positive and negative.
Herbs to be discussed include hops, citrus, St. John's wort, peppermint, rosemary, nettle, green tea, coleus and licorice, among others.
This webinar is for healthcare professionals and students only.
CE Information - This webinar will offer the following:
• 1.0 credit of Naturopathic Continuing Education by The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians for NDs.
• To receive CE credit, you must attend the live event and register using ND credentials.
• Eligible for NDs in the U.S. only.
• After attending the live event, you will receive your CE certificate via email within 2-3 weeks.
• SPECIAL NOTE for NDs in OREGON: The Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine (OBNM) has changed their CE approval process and will not review nor approve an event without proof that at least 1 Oregon ND has attended the event. We will seek approval for NDs in OR post-webinar.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This webinar and/or products is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Wendy Warner, MD, FACOG, ABIHM, IFMCP
Wendy Warner is a functional medicine gynecologist and hormone expert. After 14 years of conventional ob/gyn practice, Dr Warner founded a collaborative holistic medical practice in suburban Philadelphia. There she focused on a functional integrative approach to health and healing, working alongside practitioners from many different backgrounds and offering a wide variety of therapeutic options. In the fall of 2022, she moved her practice to fully online, providing telemedicine exclusively. She is board certified in gynecology and holistic integrative medicine, is a certified Functional Medicine practitioner, an herbalist and a mesa carrier. She is a nationally recognized speaker and educator, and is faculty for the Institute for Functional Medicine as well as David Winston’s Center for Herbal Studies. She authored a chapter in the current edition of Rakel’s Integrative Medicine textbook, and is the co-author of “Boosting Your Immunity for Dummies”. She is a Past President of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine.