For decades, approaches to mood and occasional anxiety have focused on neurotransmitter balance and function. In this presentation we'll explore the multitude of factors that impact mental health, with a focus on the gut-brain axis. Taking that etiology into consideration, we'll look at implications of diet and nutraceuticals on affecting mental health outcomes using a personalized approach.*
1. Identify the various factors that contribute to the rise of mental health considerations.*
2. Evaluate the bidirectional gut-brain connection and the factors that modulate its impact on mental health.*
3. Create personalized, evidence-based dietary and nutraceutical interventions for supporting mental health through root cause approach.*
This webinar is for healthcare professionals and students only.
CE Information - This webinar is pending approval for the following: • 1.0 PHARMA credit of Naturopathic Continuing Education by The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians for NDs.
• 1.0 credit of Continuing Professional Education by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for RDs/DTRs.
• 1.0 Continuing Education credit by The Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists℠ , the certifying board of the American Nutrition Association (ANA), for the Certified Nutrition Specialist®.
• To receive CE credit, you must attend the live event and register using CNS, ND, or RD/DTR credentials.
• Eligible for those in the U.S. only.
• After attending the live event, you will receive your CE certificate via email within 2-3 weeks.
• SPECIAL NOTE for NDs in OREGON: The Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine (OBNM) has changed their CE approval process and will not review nor approve an event without proof that at least 1 Oregon ND has attended the event. We will seek approval for NDs in OR post-webinar.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This webinar and/or products is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Lara Zakaria, PharmD, MS, CDN, CNS, IFMCP
Dr. Lara Zakaria is a Pharmacist, Nutritionist, and adjunct professor specializing in Functional Medicine and Personalized nutrition. She began her career in pharmacy community practice, noticing that her patients' chronic conditions were advancing. Year-to-year accumulating new diagnoses and a longer list of medications instead of getting healthier. This was the “aha” moment that the pharmaceutical-based guidelines she was trained in were intended to manage chronic disease not prevent progression. That led her to FxMed and the power of nutrition. Dr Zakaria is passionate about prevention and reversal of metabolic, allergic, and autoimmune disease. She splits her time between clinical practice, teaching, and mentorship in service of expanding awareness and access to FxMed and Personalized Nutrition.