CRIMINAL PROSECUTION OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING - WHERE ARE WE NOW?
Tue, Feb 16, 2021 · 6:00 PM
Duration: 2 hours
Who can attend
Dial-in available? (listen only)
Please register for this Webinar to view the dial-in info.
1. Opening Remarks by Professor Michel Veuthey, Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat trafficking in persons & Sr. Mirjam Beike, Discussant, RGS, the Alliance of NGOs on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
2. Kevin Hyland, former Independent Anti-Slavery Commissioner for the UK government
3. Dr. Olivia Smith, Project Lead, TIP National Action Plan (Trafficking In Persons Report), Barbados
4. Brian Iselin, former Australian soldier and federal agent, Founder of Geneva-based Slave Free Trade, a nonprofit working on leveraging the might of the blockchain to rid the world of slave labor
5. Morgane Nicot, Discussant, UNODC
Education & learning
Hosted By OM & CUHD & RGS
INTERNATIONAL WEBINARS ON HUMAN TRAFFICKING
IN THE LIGHT OF THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY OF “LAUDATO SI”
AND OF THE NEW “FRATELLI TUTTI” ENCYCLICAL
Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat human trafficking
Doctor of law, University of Geneva. Former adviser to the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross. He was also head of the Division of international organizations and head of the delegation for South Africa and the Indian Ocean...
In April 2010, Kevin Hyland was named operational lead for the establishment of the Metropolitan Police Human Trafficking response in UK, with an experience of 30 years of police investigation. In 2014, he was named Independent Anti-Slavery...
Project Lead, TIP National Action Plan (Trafficking In Persons Report), Barbados
Human Trafficking Specialist, presently Project Lead, TIP National Action Plan (Trafficking In Persons Report), Barbados, American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) and Executive Director of the Caribbean Anti Human Trafficking...