"THE RELIGIOUS HELPING TRAFFICKING VICTIMS ALONG THE ROAD OF RECOVER"
INTERNATIONAL WEBINARS ON HUMAN TRAFFICKING
IN THE LIGHT OF THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY OF “LAUDATO SI”
AND OF THE NEW “FRATELLI TUTTI” ENCYCLICAL
FIRST OF TWO WEBINARS AT THE OCCASION OF EUROPEAN DAY AGAINST HUMAN TRAFFICKING (18 OCTOBER)
1. Opening Remarks by Professor Michel Veuthey, Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat trafficking in persons
2. Introductory Remarks on "Fratelli Tutti" and Human Trafficking by Mgr. Robert Vitillo, Secretary-General, ICMC
3. Sr. Mirjam Beike, RGS, Moderator
4. Sr. Maria Luisa Puglisi, AASC, Working with Victims of Trafficking in a Shelter in Valencia (Spain)
5. Sr. Patricia Ebegbulem, Sister of Saint Louis (SSL), Founder and Director of the Bakhita House in Lagos (Nigeria) Working with Returned Victims of Trafficking
6. Father Mark Ehichioya Odion, CBCEW, African Project Coordinator, Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales, Member of the UK Santa Marta Group. Awareness Raising Campaign in the United Kingdom
EDUCATION & LEARNING
Please register for this Webinar to view the dial-in info.
President, Collège Universitaire Henry Dunant CUHD
Ambassador of the Order of Malta to combat trafficking in persons and Deputy Permanent Observer of the Order of Malta to international organizations in Geneva. Doctor of law, University of Geneva. Former adviser to the President of the...
Secretary-General of the ICMC (International Catholic Migration Commission). In addition to his leadership of ICMC, Msgr. Vitillo serves as an Attaché for the Permanent Mission of the Holy See to the UN in Geneva.
In June 2016, he was appointed to serve as the Secretary General of the International Catholic Migration Commission, a global network of Catholic Bishops Conferences engaged in responses to people on the move. ICMC also provides protection and...
Sister of the Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd and Representative at the UN in Geneva for her congregation. She worked 30 years with survivors of trafficking in Germany and Albania and is a working Board Member of RENATE.
Shelter Responsible (Fundación Amaranta y Henar Calleja) for victims of human trafficking in Valencia (Spain). She is the Representative in Europe of the Talitha Kum Network and a Member of the RENATE Core Group.
Sr. Patricia Ebegbulem is a Sister of St. Louis from Nigeria in West Africa.
She became involved in anti-Human Trafficking and Women Issues in 1996 when she was the National President of the Nigeria Conference of Women Religious 1996 – 2002. In...