Wednesday, April 21, 2021 · 6:30 PM EDTDuring this session we will cover the following:
• Fighting individually and collectively
• Marie-Joseph Angelique and others
• John Brown’s revolt planned in Chatham
• Railway Car Porters, Negro Citizenship Committee
• National Unity Association...
Tuesday, May 4, 2021 · 3:45 PM EDT• Successful learning and development require a sense of self-efficacy.
• Recognizing that value of effort and experiencing success is critical to maintaining
• This webinar will examine strategies to create and celebrate moments of su...
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 · 6:30 PM EDTDuring this session we will cover the following:
• Language/Dialect, Music, Art, Food, Hair
• West Indian Culture
• East and West African Culture
• Black Canadian Culture
Wednesday, April 7, 2021 · 6:30 PM EDTDuring this session we will cover the following:
• Personal anecdotes
• Definitions of terms such as anti-Black racism, discrimination, stereotyping,
• Oppression of Black Canadians for over 400 years
• Slave ...
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 · 3:45 PM EDT• Supporting identity enables students to explore and express who they are, and to appreciate similarities and differences between themselves and others.
• However, truly supporting identity involves rethinking many fundamental assumptions and one...
Wednesday, March 31, 2021 · 6:30 PM EDTDuring this session we will cover the following:
• Historic and Present Black cultures created based on location
• Hogan’s Alley, Strathcona (Vancouver)
• St. Antoine/Little Burgundy (Montreal)
• Amber Valley (Alberta)
• Eldon District/Mayes fami...
SeriesTruth north strong and free. Canada’s strength lies in the rich mosaic of cultures. This is reflected in school populations, however, not always in the curriculum. As a result, many students complete their academic careers with limited kno...
Book ClubHow can you rebuild a strong and healthy school community?
This school year join Dr. David Tranter in this 10-session series that will help you create a school environment that supports mental health, well-being, and achievement. Each sh...
Cette série d'apprentissage professionnel se concentre sur le projet Voix des Premières Nations et Métis à travers les mathématiques ; un projet complet, à long terme et multi-sites qui a eu lieu dans les classes élémentaires de l'Ontario. Ce p...