Tuesday, October 18, 2022 · 6:30 PM EDTJoin Niigaan, one of Canada's leading voices on truth and reconciliation and the TRC Commission, as he speaks to Calls to Action #6-12. Find out where we are and where we have yet to go.
Tuesday, October 11, 2022 · 3:45 PM EDTFostering Focus and Attention
This session will focus on strategies to capture and focus the attention of students, especially for those students who may struggle with concentration.
Tuesday, May 31, 2022 · 7:00 PM EDTAccording to the OECD Study of Social and Emotional Skills, Ottawa 15-year-olds exhibited lower levels than 10-year-olds for most social and emotional skills. The differences are particularly pronounced when it comes to optimism, trust, energy, so...
Tuesday, May 10, 2022 · 6:30 PM EDTIn this session, you will:
- focus on compassion as an integral tool to life-long learning and collaboration
- see how ‘leading with the heart’ in mind is the central component of this work as we start to put ideas into practice
- discuss and shar...
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 · 6:30 PM EDTIn this session, you will:
- consider what is necessary to actualize holistic learning into teacher and leader practice
- explore and discuss the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical components of holistic being
- reflect on ways that holi...
Tuesday, March 8, 2022 · 6:30 PM ESTIn this session, you will:
- unpack the importance of relationships in Indigenous culture
- discuss how ethical relationships with partners in education might guide decision making among school leaders
- understand how to build and maintain positi...
Tuesday, February 15, 2022 · 6:30 PM ESTIn this session, you will:
- learn the benefits of land connections in teacher and leadership practice
- look at examples of current endeavors in land-based programs and envision a way forward in land-as-teacher education
- explore the connection...
Tuesday, January 25, 2022 · 6:30 PM ESTIn this session, you will:
- learn more about Indigenous Knowledge Systems from a historical perspective
- start learning about Indigenous Knowledge as complex systems
- consider how educators may be inspired to include this understanding as mean...
Tuesday, January 11, 2022 · 3:45 PM ESTLet’s take a moment to focus on well-being. This session will support you to take a deeper look at your own well-being, and the well-being of your students. Strategies for supporting stress and struggle will be re-examined and reinforced.
Tuesday, December 7, 2021 · 6:30 PM ESTIn this session, you will:
- think about how education presumes particular knowledge of pre-service and practicing teachers
- shift the way that you plan and engage in professional development as a leader
- consider current initiatives guiding pro...
On-demandThe final session in our Third Path Book Club.
See Us, Learn Us: A New Perspective on Teaching Identity, Belonging and the Black Canadian ExperienceSeries"Despite a history in Canada dating back four centuries, Black communities are always seen as 'non-Canadian, always other, always elsewhere, recent, unfamiliar, and impossible" - Robyn Maynard, Policing Black Lives: State Violence in Canada From S...
SeriesLearning is more urgent than ever. But not at the expense of the well-being of students or educators. Strong instructional leadership is critical to ensuring this balance. This professional learning series will help instructional leaders—along wit...
Series“The legacy of Residential Schools has impacted every single element of Canadian society…they are the truth that must be dealt with before reconciliation can begin.” – Niigaan Sinclair
The first forty-two Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconc...
SeriesIn this series, you will learn about Indigenous knowledge systems, land connections and relationships through Indigenous perspectives. The series will be grounded in the sharing of personal story and experience, articles, and Treaty perspectives. ...
Series"If we want to understand what Canada is and what it could be, we have to understand what it has been. Knowing the Black Canadian experience really allows us to fill in a lot of the gaps in our often-romanticized national narrative."
Series“We can’t return to normal, because normal simply didn’t work for many students - and educators” - Dr. David Tranter
We are eager to return to the classroom, but not as eager to return to normal. After all, “normal” hasn’...
Webinar Series“Nelson’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation goes beyond the development of educational resources. It includes supporting the development of a deeper understanding of our shared history and how this history can be meaningfully addressed wit...
SeriesIt’s time to turn the conversation into action. Engage with the widely acclaimed panelists from The Future of Education for Black Students as they discuss the meaningful and practical strategies that educators from all levels in the system can use...
Book ClubHow can you rebuild a strong and healthy school community?
This school year join Dr. David Tranter in this 10-session series that will help you create a school environment that supports mental health, well-being, and achievement. Each sh...
Webinar SeriesEducators, students, and parents alike want to ensure that the return-to-school process is a successful one. However, we cannot anticipate with certainty the range of challenges that returning to school will bring. We know that the impact of COVID...
Webinar SeriesLIVE DATES:
Thursday, March 26th at 1:00PM EST
Thursday, April 2nd at 1:00PM EST
Thursday, April 9th at 1:00pm EST
Suddenly, parents have found themselves in the stressful position of trying to balance their careers and parenting from home, all ...
Webinar SeriesGalvanizing a Grounded, Grateful and Generous Approach to Learning and to Life within the classroom- and beyond! How do we set the foundations and conditions for our students to live well- physically, spiritually, and emotionally? How do we help s...