An informative webinar presented by
Braumiller Law Group Of Counsel, Jim Holbein
(He ran the NAFTA trade dispute settlement process while at the U.S. Department of Commerce)
Tuesday, August 25th, 11:00 a.m. - noon EDT
The USMCA will implement a variety of changes in the procedures and regulations governing customs processing of goods. Chapter 84 covers a broad spectrum of machinery and equipment that will be subject to these new rules. We will provide insight into:
• The coverage of the chapter - a major industrial sector
• Changes in the rules of origin that impact the auto sector and parts and machinery for autos
• Changes in the rules of origin, especially the regional value content (RVC)
• Methods for calculating RVC
• New rules covering ADP machines (computers)
• Other issues in customs administration and facilitation that impact the machinery sector.
Jim Holbein has decades of experience in trade negotiating, trade policy development, tariff nomenclature and administration, customs enforcement, international trade dispute settlement, and import compliance. In his most recent federal position...