"Scoping out the rulings process - Antidumping and tariff classification"
Tuesday, September 15th @ 11 AM – 12:30 PM CST
Lowell DeFrance, Of Counsel, Braumiller Law Group and
Christos Linardakis, Of Counsel, Braumiller Law Group
This webinar will provide the background and process of how and when to file Scope Rulings, including the rules and requirements for filing with the International Trade Commission. We will be discussing the key characteristics and elements in filing with the DOC for Anti-dumping/CVD orders and how to best fit your argument, for exclusion or lower duty, in a Scope Ruling.
In addition, we will be discussing best-practices in filing of U.S. Customs Binding Rulings—what elements should best be used, how much detail of your product to include, and persuasive arguments to win a favorable ruling. Lastly, we will conduct an in-depth analysis of a Federal Circuit case, appealed from the U.S. Court of International Trade, which will provide you with insight on Scope Rulings.
This webinar will cover:
• Learn what regulations are relevant to filing a Scope Ruling Request
• Identify best practices in the business information that must be included, persuasive arguments to obtain a favorable outcome and excluding your product from an AD/CVD order
• Strategic elements of filing favorable HS Rulings (Tariff Engineering) to give you a competitive advantage
• The mechanics of filing both Scope and HS Rulings
• Learn how a well crafted scope ruling request can save your company a significant amount of duties
There will be a Q&A session directly following the conclusion of the presentation.
BUSINESS & FINANCECAREERPROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
This is a premium Webinar.
Please log in or register for this
Webinar to view the dial-in info.
Linnea’s passion for continuous improvement and strategic solutions permeates her client approach. A seasoned 29-year veteran and a born-teacher, Linnea designs, develops and presents training on a broad-range of trade topics. She also coordinates...
Christos Linardakis is an international and corporate attorney located in Chicago. During his 30 year career, he has established corporate compliance programs in Environmental Product Compliance, Global Trade Compliance, Cybersecurity, as well as...
Lowell DeFrance brings years of experience as an international trade law attorney and is a licensed customs broker as well. He is highly knowledgeable in issues of international trade, transportation law and customs law. Additionally, Lowell is...