In this series, RAIL Managing Editor and Events Director Nigel Harris will be joined by senior members of the GBR Transition Team, representatives from our supporting organisations, and other industry leaders, to discuss and explore some of the main areas of the Government’s rail reform package.
The second event of the series will take place on November 15 (1030-1200) and it titled Placemaking and rail’s role as a social and economic driver.
The Government’s five strategic objectives for rail, including contributing to long term economic growth and levelling-up, are providing the framework for the long term strategy for rail. GBRTT will provide an overview of the latest thinking on the high level strategy, including the role rail has to play in wider economic growth, employment and placemaking.
Speakers for this second episode will include:
• Elaine Seagriff, Director of Strategic Planning, GBRTT
• George Davies, Director, Sustainable Development RSSB
• Ian Baxter, Strategy Director, SLC
• John Davies, Vice-President of Industry Relations, Trainline
• George Hazel, Director, E-Rail