Trade mark practice in the UK may initially appear similar to that of the United States given the shared language, but while similarities do exist, there are also very real differences in law and procedure. In this webinar, Colin Sawdy of Howard Kennedy LLP will provide a comparison of the two systems and highlight where US practitioners will need to be aware of key differences in UK practice. The discussion will focus on the following topics:
* Developing a filing strategy for the US and UK
* Anticipating possible objections in the UK with regard to descriptiveness and specifications
* Handling opposition actions and tips for achieving a beneficial outcome
* Managing client portfolios in light of Brexit
Everyone who’s registered for this webinar will receive an email with a link to the recording.
* Alt Legal is a CLE provider in California. For more information about CLE credit for Alt Legal Community events and CLE credit in other states, check out our CLE FAQ here: https://www.altlegal.com/cle-information/