What do the NBA, Snoop Dogg, and Taco Bell have in common? All have recently released non-fungible tokens (NFTs). Digital assets and currencies are transforming core concepts of intellectual property law. "For example, some NFT transactions include creator royalties with each subsequent transaction, completely upending the first-sale doctrine. In this webinar, IP and cryptocurrency attorney Moish Peltz will guide you through the basics of the blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and fungible and non-fungible tokens to ultimately explain the implications for the present and future practice of intellectual property law.
Topics covered include:
* The basics of blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and tokens
* An overview of NFT IP considerations
* Licenses and NFT royalty implications, including the first-sale doctrine
* Challenges presented to copyright and fair use
* IP enforcement on and off the blockchain
* Potential opportunities and risks associated with these technologies
Everyone who’s registered for this webinar will receive an email with a link to the recording.
Thu, May 6, 2021 · 4:00 PM
Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Who can attend
Dial-in available? (listen only)
Hosted By Alt Legal Community
Talks, webinars, roundtable discussions, and other Alt Legal Community events
Moish E. Peltz, Esq. is a Partner and chair of the Intellectual Property Practice Group at Falcon Rappaport & Berkman PLLC, a full-service business law firm located in the New York City area. The Firm represents a range of closely held businesses...