Harry Glorikian, General Partner, New Ventures Funds
10:30 - 11:00 am
Interview with Takeda's Christian Baber: Unlocking the Power of Data
* Fit for purpose data is critical to the effective use of AI/ML tools - what does this look like?
* AI technology & tools are available - but culture is often the biggest obstacle to optimizing data use and sharing - How is Takeda setting up a culture of sharing? Carrots for data generators?
* Changing an organization with existing DNA is much tougher than creating a new organization with the DNA of data management you need. Do you start now with just the new data or go back and fix existing data first?
Christian Baber PhD, Global Head of Scientific Informatics, Takeda
11:00 - 12:00 pm
Executive Viewpoints Panel: Using AI Effectively from R&D to Patient Care - Critical Technical and People Issues
* AI/ML tools – Where we’ve been, where we’re going, and how we get to what is real vs. the hype.
* How are we using the tools, the experiences of people using the tools, and the results we’ve seen from these efforts?
* Where can we push breakthrough and deliver next for patients using the AI/ML tools?
Mark Borowsky, Ph.D., Global Head of Information Products and Data Science, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR)
Andrew A. Radin, CEO, twoXAR Pharmaceuticals
Niven R. Narain, CEO, BERG
Tue, Jul 14, 2020 · 10:30 AM
Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Who can attend
Dial-in available? (listen only)
Hosted By AI in Biopharma
We connect the industry’s science minds, AI technology experts, technologists, and strategy leaders through in-person and virtual events and digital content.
Our large community of industry leaders are passionate about the work they do and are dedicated to working at the intersection of science and technology. We collaborate with our industry experts to convene engaged discussions and facilitate the translation of AI/ML technologies into patient impact.
Passionate about business transformations that accelerate growth, efficiency gains, cost reductions, and competitive advantage for market leaders as well as up-and-coming innovators with next-generation ideas.
Niven R. Narain is Co-founder, President & CEO of Berg, a Boston-based biopharma company driving the next generation of drugs and diagnostics by combining patient-driven biology and AI to unravel actionable disease insight. He has overseen...
Prior to co-founding twoXAR, Andrew held Chief Technology Officer roles at several early stage companies where he managed teams as large as a hundred technologists distributed around the world. Andrew developed the company's proprietary algorithm...
Global Head of Information Products and Data Science at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR)
Mark Borowsky is the Global Head of Information Products and Data Science at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). The team builds scientific software for drug discovery teams and applies statistical methods and machine learning...