This 45 minute course offers real world strategies for those who are preparing for retirement and want to learn how to optimize their Social Security benefits and make their personal savings last.
Social Security is very complex. In fact, there are over 2,700 filing rules and the Social Security Administration is prohibited from giving you advice.
But guess what? You don’t need to know 2,700 filing rules! And you don’t need to spend 80 hours studying complicated material to become an expert.
As a service to our community, the Adult Financial Education Council (AFEC) is presenting a live Master Class that will teach you:
• Social Security basics.
• How to compare different filing strategies to help you determine which one is best for you.
• How to structure Social Security to help reduce your taxes, beat inflation and make your personal savings last.
• The most efficient way to apply what you learn and create a bullet proof retirement income plan.
The majority of retirees apply for benefits as soon as they become eligible, at age 62. However, many do not realize that by doing so they significantly and permanently reduce the benefits they and their spouses will receive throughout their lifetime.
Whether you’re single, married, divorced, or widowed, there are many ways to optimize the lifetime benefits you and your family will receive from Social Security. To do so successfully requires a keen understanding of the Social Security retirement system and the critical issues outlined below:
• How married couples can coordinate benefits to help enhance spousal and survivor benefits.
• How to claim a spousal benefit while earning delayed retirement credits on your own benefit.
• How working could affect your benefits and why Social Security benefits are one of, if not the, most tax efficient form of retirement income you will receive.
• How claiming worker benefits early could permanently lower your spousal benefit at Full Retirement Age.
• Best ways to fill the gap between your desired annual retirement income and the income Social Security provides.
This Master Class is specifically for people like you who want to MAKE THEIR PERSONAL SAVINGS LAST so they can:
• Maintain their standard of living throughout retirement.
• Have extra money to travel.
• Spend more time with family.
• Afford higher medical costs.
• Leave a larger legacy for their family.
P.S. Attendees of our Master Class will have an opportunity to receive a personalized Social Security Optimization analysis.