Balancing Act: Addressing the Physical Causes and Human Factors in Slips, Trips and Falls
Many companies have taken steps to tackle the major physical causes of slips, trips and falls in the workplace, but human factors persist as the biggest cause of these incidents and often remain unaddressed.
This webinar will review what causes slips, trips and falls in the first place, from physical issues like wet floors to mental factors like distraction. This on-demand presentation will cover:
• Major risk factors of slips, trips and falls
• How the changing environment increases the importance of maintaining focus
• The benefits and limits of OSHA requirements
• How inattention blindness reduces the effectiveness of your current measures
• The common elements missing from most slip, trip and fall prevention efforts
It will also outline what you can do to reduce slip, trip and fall injuries by addressing both physical causes and human factors, including how to recalibrate employees’ perception of risk, how to build better habits, and how human factors training can help you prevent slip, trip and fall incidents in the future.