An active financial consultant as well as the founder of Liberty Advisory Group, Peter Laliberte has spent over 25 years--in financial services. Peter has served in both public and private sectors as a chief financial officer and has been a self-employed entrepreneur since 1996. Peter draws on all of his professional as well as personal experiences to help his company’s clients.
“Since 1996 I have focused solely on income planning for retirees and pre-retirees. The world changed after 9/11, and again after the recession of 2008. I focus on financial security and safety for my clients because none of us can afford to lose any money ever again,” says Peter. “I watched what happened to my parents who didn’t have a plan in place, and that’s why I am in this business—to make sure it never happens to anyone else.”
In light of the current economic crisis wealth Coach Peter Laliberte is offering a series of online classes to provide strategies that will preserve your retirement savings. You don't want to miss this important online event.
WHY THIS CLASS MATTERS
Many of the retirement strategies utilized by our parents have grown outdated and may no longer have application for those looking to retire today. This class compares and contrasts the old retirement paradigms of yesteryear and the new paradigms of today. Attendees will discover how to insulate themselves from the risks of rising taxes, Social Security taxation, and how to avoid common mistakes that increase the chances or running out of money as you distribute your assets in retirement.
BALANCED FINANCIAL INFORMATION
This course is designed to give each attendee a comprehensive and Plain-English financial education, while also exposing various pitfalls and risks that threaten to derail many retirees today.
This event is purely educational – no specific products or services will be offered.
WHY LOSSES DURING RETIREMENT MATTER
• The impact of dramatic market loss in retirement
• Is “buy and hold” appropriate in retirement?
• How to safeguard against two types of investment risk
• How to shield your assets from stock market volatility
• Why “asset allocation” alone may not be enough
• How to truly diversify your retirement portfolio
• The old retirement vs. TODAY’S retirement
• How to create a clear vision for retirement that could lead to less stress and more happiness.
• What is the SECURE Act of 2020 and how could it effect your retirement?
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR RETIREMENT TODAY
TAX RATE RISK
• Why experts say tax rates could double
• How rising taxes may affect your retirement cash flow
• The “Catch 22” of 401k’s and IRA’s
• How lost deductions may affect your taxes in retirement
RETIREMENT INCOME PLANNING
• The three basic retirement accounts
• How to accumulate dollars in the right types of accounts for future retirement income
• What’s better for you: tax-deferred or tax-free accounts?
• How to define a “true” tax-free investment
• When should you convert to a Roth?
• How IRA’s and 401k’s cause Social Security taxation
• Strategies to reduce or eliminate taxes in retirement
MAXIMIZING SOCIAL SECURITY
• The causes of Social Security taxation
• The Social Security thresholds you need to be aware of
• The real cost of Social Security taxation
• Strategies to eliminate Social Security taxation
• Social Security maximization strategies
RETIREMENT DISTRIBUTION PITFALLS
• How the new rules on “Rate of Withdrawal” affect People Nearing Retirement
• How to ensure you won’t run out of money in retirement
• How to liquidate retirement assets in the right order