Tues 24th Nov 08:00-10:00 (GMT) / 18:00-20:00 (AEST) Location:
Online Event Session description:
Specifically aimed at current QUEX students and their supervisors. A key focus of QUEX Institute is nurturing a strong pipeline of the next generation of researchers. This is achieved through the award of unique studentships, which allow students to spend time at both the University of Queensland and the University of Exeter, and to work with research teams in both the UK and Australia to develop excellent and globally relevant research. The first session of the symposium provides a showcase for QUEX PhD students to present their research to their peers and the wider QUEX community.Event overview:
Join us for a showcase of the QUEX Institute with interactive sessions to discuss ideas and explore approaches/solutions to global and local challenges. This will be a valuable opportunity for the QUEX community to come together to share knowledge and present progress of QUEX-funded projects and initiatives.
Symposium sessions will create space for academics, researchers, students and professional service staff to come together to discuss collaborative ideas and celebrate the success of the Institute to date.
There will be opportunities for Q&A/panel sessions where participants are invited to submit questions for consideration by the organising committee.
Registration for the event is free and you can select which sessions you attend. Agenda:
08:05-08:40 Environmental Sustainability, panel discussion with Q&A
08:40-09:15 Healthy Aging, panel discussion with Q&A
09:15-09:50 Physical Activity and Nutrition, panel discussion with Q&A
09:50-10:00 Wrap-up & closeRegistration:
Please register for the event by using the ‘register’ link on this page. The deadline for registrations is Friday 20th November.
If you have any questions regarding the event please contact: email@example.comAbout the QUEX Institute:
The University of Exeter and The University of Queensland have partnered to establish the QUEX Institute, a multi-million pound partnership designed to bolster their joint global research impact.
The partnership has strengthened a joint commitment to co-produce research of the highest quality, boost industry and business collaboration, and publish high-level policy reports designed to inform and shape key government initiatives across the globe.
This year sees the launch of our exciting new QUEX themes – Health Living, Global Environmental Futures and Digital Worlds and Disruptive Technologies – which reflects the University of Queensland and Exeter's research and teaching strengths in tackling some of the most significant challenges facing the world today.
Data Protection and Privacy
- Please note this event will be recorded. If you have concerns around this please ensure your camera is turned off during the sessions.
- By registering for this event, you agree for your name and organisation details to be shared with relevant staff and fellow attendees only.
- To aid organisation of this event, attendee information may be shared with relevant staff in the University e.g. a list of attendees could be provided to the University host, guest speaker.
- We will store your information securely, so that we can communicate to you about the event (e.g. cancellation of event, changes to the itinerary, a satisfaction survey, post-event reports and communications).
- We delete our access to personal information on Eventbrite after 6 months.
- More information on the University’s privacy policies can be found here.