A diagnosis of a pancreatic cancer, changes everything in a moment. This webinar, presented by Shannyn Brown, Senior Social Worker in Sydney will explore the many challenges that must be navigated both practically and emotionally for patients and families.
By the end of this webinar we hope that you feel you have a better understanding of:
- Strategies to critically reflect on your own experience and adjustment.
- Strategies to feel empowered to collaborate and advocate with your treating teams.
- Practical information and education about the support available.
- Parallel planning with supportive care/ palliative care.
- How to facilitate discussion with family about experience of adjustment.
Senior Social Worker in Sydney Local Health District
Shannyn Brown is a Senior Social Worker in Sydney Local Health District. She currently works in a secondment role as the GPCanShare Palliative Care Social Worker, an integrated project between Central and Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network and the District. Prior to This Shannyn was the Upper Gastrointestinal, Colorectal and Pelvic Mesh Social Worker at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
Her passion remains supporting patients and families from new diagnosis and treatment to life limiting prognosis, focussing on clear compassionate communication.
Shannyn has previously presented at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Pancreatic Cancer Management conference (2022), Australian and New Zealand Hepatic, Pancreatic and Biliary Association Conference (2019) and District Social Work Symposium (2019).