Insufficient infrastructure, lack of skilled staff, poor compliance towards evidence-based clinical practices, and erroneous documentation are some of the reasons causing compromises in the quality of care for years.
However, in the current scenario of healthcare, the focus is gradually shifting from quantity to value-based quality of care at hospitals to bring better healthcare outcomes for patients or make healthcare patient-centric.
Here are some of the goals when it comes to the quality of care at hospitals:
* Patient safety – Healthcare is now focusing on making care safer for patients, thereby decreasing the mortality rate and leading to better patient outcomes.
* Patient engagement – It’s important to engage patients and family members during the treatment for better patient outcomes.
* Coordination – There is an enhanced emphasis on effective communication in the healthcare sector in terms of documentation and management.
* Treatment of chronic diseases – With the rise in the number of patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases, and others, healthcare is strengthening the care delivered to patients with these conditions.
* Health best practices – Healthcare is also working closely with communities to promote practices that aid to better health.
* Affordability – Most of the countries have healthcare standards that are not affordable to everyone, which causes a gap in access to care. So, making care affordable is one of the prime goals of enhancing overall quality in terms of care delivered to people.
About ISQua (The International Society for Quality in Healthcare)
ISQua is a member-based, not-for-profit community and organisation dedicated to promoting quality improvement in health care. We have been working to improve the quality and safety of health care worldwide for over 30 years. We aim to achieve our goal through education, knowledge sharing, external evaluation, supporting health systems worldwide and connecting like-minded people through our health care networks.Our extensive network of health care professionals spans over 70 countries and 6 continents. ISQua's members are continually working towards quality improvement in health care around the world.
This FREE webinar, Masterclass on the Role of Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety, featuring Dr. Peter Lachman, the CEO of International Society of Quality in Healthcare (ISQua), will highlight the importance of quality of care in healthcare and at the same time, provide insights on how individual healthcare professionals or quality management staff can contribute to improving quality of their healthcare facilities, thereby enabling accreditations such as National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH). Key Takeaways from the webinar: * The need for discussing quality and patient safety in healthcare. * How a healthcare facility can measure and improve quality of care. * The shift towards patient-centric approach in healthcare facilities. * How and where to up-skill to contribute more to the quality and help your healthcare facility improve the overall quality of care. * Partnership of Medvarsity & ISQua and online courses offered in the field of healthcare quality management and how these courses will help you in your career.
Peter Lachman M.D. MPH. M.B.B.Ch., FRCPCH, FCP (SA), FRCPI assumed the position of ISQua Chief Executive Officer on 1st May 2016. He has great experience as a clinician and leader in quality improvement and patient safety.
Dr Lachman was a...