This workshop is part of EARL week! We will be hosting four workshops from the 6th-9th September and the week will come to a conclusion on Friday 10th September, with a day full of presentations on using R in enterprise. We hope you can join us, if you'd like to view the other EARL events please see the 'also by Mango' box to the right of this text.
Functional Programming with Purrr
Date and time: Wednesday 8th September 2021, 2pm-5pm BST
Level – Intermediate
Overview R is a functional programming language. But what does that mean? What implications does it have on the way we work with it? How can we use this to our advantage? In this workshop, we will introduce the idea of functional programming and, in particular, focus on how we can use the purrr package to its full potential for functional programming. Starting with the map functions we will see how we can enhance our analysis code.
• Participants should have a basic working knowledge of the R language, and some
knowledge of programming in R; understanding core data types, creating basic
• Registrants will be provided with a list of R packages to install prior to the workshop
• Overview of functional programming and terminology
• Introduction to the purrr package and the map functions
• Getting the most from lists and list columns
Profits from EARL 2021 will be donated to Data Kind UK.
Xinye has had the fortune of working at various organisations and industries for over a decade, from corporate to startup, telecom to luxury retail, splitting his time between translating business challenges to data projects, and delivering those...