Workforce was key to supporting the health and Covid-19 pandemic. People did amazing things and an enormous amount of goodwill was generated. But people are tired and slipping back to old ways.
This session will focus on discussing what can be learnt from the experience of the workforce through the Covid pandemic:
• The need to support the mental well-being of staff
• Keeping the sense of empowerment within the workforce
• How to fill the gaps in staff and skills highlighted by the pandemic
• The new focus on BAME staff and what this means for health and social care
• The responsibilities of health and care organisations to their wider community
• [Co-chair] Chris Ham, Board Advisor, CF*
• [Co-chair] Hannah Farrar, Chief Executive, CF*
• Dr Martin Marshall, Chair, Royal College of GPs
• Ben Morrin, Director of Workforce, UCLH
• Dr Jo Andrews, Partner, CF
Hannah has held senior positions in the NHS and central government. As Director of Strategy at NHS London, Hannah delivered major programmes of strategic change, including ‘Healthcare for London’ a system strategy for health and care in the...
Professor Sir Chris Ham is currently independent chair of the Coventry and Warwickshire STP and non-executive director of the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust. He has recently been appointed as co-chair of the new NHS Assembly. His interests...
Professor Martin Marshall is Chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners and a GP in Newham, East London. He is also Professor of Healthcare Improvement at UCL in the Department of Primary Care and Population Health. Previously he was...
Ben is a SRO responsible for recovery programmes in NHS England and Improvement for London. He is on loan at NHSEI from UCLH which he joined as their Workforce Director in 2014. He formerly worked across the Department of Health and within the...
Dr Jo Andrews spent over twenty years as a front-line NHS clinician before joining CF in 2016, combining a clinical career as a consultant anaesthetist with a range of leadership and management positions including Chief Operating Officer, Director...
At CF, our mission is simple – to improve health and care, by inspiring clients to innovate and sustain change, through a talented and trusted team of people, supported to stretch the bounds of possibility. Learn more at https://carnallfarrar.com.