Before the pandemic, organisations were coming together in integrated care systems (ICSs) to tackle long-standing and deep-rooted issues. There was a general sense of uncertainty and scepticism about yet another initiative to encourage collaboration and integration. The pandemic showed what could be achieved if organisations and people worked together as systems.
This session will focus on discussing what can be learnt from the experiences of systems through the Covid pandemic:
• Making sure the focus and prioritisation of the Covid period is not lost
• Empowering systems to enact change and work together to solve problems
• Harnessing the power of clinical leadership and clinical networks developed during the pandemic
• The role of commissioners and provider collaboratives in a post-Covid world
• How can systems support the development of the key enablers of capital, finance and digital
• [Co-chair] Chris Ham, Board Advisor, CF*
• [Co-chair] Hannah Farrar, Chief Executive, CF*
• Steve Russell, Chief Executive, Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
• Richard Murray, Chief Executive, King's Fund
• Sam Higginson, Chief Executive, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• Frances O'Callaghan, Accountable Officer, North Central London CCG
Professor Sir Chris Ham is currently independent chair of the Coventry and Warwickshire STP and non-executive director of the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust. He has recently been appointed as co-chair of the new NHS Assembly. His interests...
Hannah has held senior positions in the NHS and central government. As Director of Strategy at NHS London, Hannah delivered major programmes of strategic change, including ‘Healthcare for London’ a system strategy for health and care in the...
Steve is Chief Executive of Harrogate & District FT, joining in April 2019 after 2.5 years as NHS Improvement’s Regional Director for London. Steve was a graduate trainee and spent 14 years at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust where he...
At CF, our mission is simple – to improve health and care, by inspiring clients to innovate and sustain change, through a talented and trusted team of people, supported to stretch the bounds of possibility. Learn more at https://carnallfarrar.com.