**Please note, the question period has now closed. If you have questions about the content of a webinar, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
With social distancing in effect, people are now moving their fitness routines from the gym to their homes. In this webinar, Dr Daniel SantaMina provides expert tips and recommendations on how people with cancer, cancer survivors and their families can enjoy being active at home. In this webinar, you will find answers to common questions such as:
• Is exercise a good idea for people with cancer during COVID-19?
• How much daily or weekly exercise should people living with cancer aim for?
• How can I create a space at home for fitness?
• What types of fitness equipment is recommended, and can I use common household items?
• How can I ensure my exercises are safe when I am on my own?
**Tell us what you thought about this webinar, click here to complete our webinar survey!**
Resources from the Canadian Cancer Society
The Canadian Cancer Society is continuing to provide programs for people with cancer and caregivers that can be helpful if you are staying close to home or dealing with feelings of anxiety or isolation.
• Cancer Information Helpline is our national, toll-free helpline for people with cancer, caregivers, families and friends, the general public and healthcare professionals. Contact us or call us at 1-888-939-3333 (TTY 1-866-786-3934).
• Extensive expert information is available on our website about cancer and COVID-19. www.cancer.ca
is our online community where people with cancer and their loved ones can share their experiences and build supportive relationships.
• Smokers' Helpline
is available to help you or a loved one quit smoking.
If you need help immediately, please contact:
• Crisis Services Canada, 1-833-456-4566 | www.crisisservicescanada.ca
• Kids Help Phone, 1-800-668-6868 | https://kidshelpphone.ca
• If it is an emergency, call 9-1-1.
The information in this webinar is for educational purposes only and does not replace the advice of your healthcare provider based on your individual situation. Experts are speaking on their own behalf and CCS assumes no responsibility for the completeness of the information presented.
to access webinars on COVID-19 and cancer in French.**