BigMarker, Inc. located in Chicago, Illinois U.S.A. and its affiliates (“BigMarker”) believe that with the
right tools, any community can make a big mark – and leave a lasting impact – on the world. Accordingly, our
mission is to help communities achieve their goals (and greater impact) by making it easier to come together
be productive online. To achieve this mission, BigMarker makes features and functions available through its
website, mobile applications, development platform, premium services, and other information provided as part
the BigMarker services (our “Services”). By becoming a member of BigMarker, you voluntarily and willfully
provide BigMarker with certain information, including personally identifiable information, which BigMarker
collects to provide the Services. If you have any hesitations or concerns about providing information to
BigMarker, having your information displayed on the BigMarker website or otherwise used in a manner consistent
are already a member, you should close your account.
I. Information we receive about you:
- Registration information: When you sign up for an account you are required to provide your name,
email address and a password.
- Information you choose to share in your profile: You can choose to share or not share information
such as your picture, bio, passions and interests, expertise, education and certifications.
- Information you choose to share within a community or conference room: You can choose to share or
not share posts to a community bulletin, uploaded documents or presentations, uploaded webcam video feeds in
video conference, audio feeds in a conference, and comments or Kudos sent to fellow members of your
- Information others share about you: We receive information about you from other members, such as
comments on a file that you uploaded, or Kudos that you received. We may also receive information about you
from other members’ communications with you or within a community. Members can self-police their use of our
Services by reporting any suspected foul play. If you would like to report suspected foul play or request
information be removed from the BigMarker website, then you should contact BigMarker at
- Banking and Payment information: We require you to provide banking and payment information to allow
you to purchase services, pay membership dues to a community, and participate in, sponsor, or host a
webinar. In order to fulfill your requests for paid services, we share your banking and payment
information with our payment processor.
- Correspondence between you and BigMarker: We can correspond with you using email, text messages,
notices on the BigMarker website and other communication methods.
- Electronic identification data: When you view and interact with our Services, we also collect your
addresses, your operating system type, your web browser type, URLs of websites in which you arrive or leave
the BigMarker website, and other similar information.
- Cookies:Cookies allows us to recognize you, customize your experience, and provide advertisements.
- Mobile Applications: When you view and interact with our Services, we also collect your IP
your operating system type, your web browser type, URLs of websites in which you arrive or leave the
website, your mobile carrier or service provider, your Internet service provider (“ISP”), and other similar
- Third-party services: We will receive your prior consent before you interact with third-party
services available through our Services such as surveys and questionnaires.
II. Our use of your information:
Our primary purpose in using the information you provide is to enable you to have a safe, efficient and
comprehensive way to share information and communicate with other members and communities online.
We use the information you provide to:
- Provide you with Services;
- Take, process and deliver your payment orders made via our Services;
- Provide you with customer support and help with troubleshooting problems;
- Develop and improve our Services;
- Implement and support our marketing, promotions and public relations;
- Perform and support our internal operations such as troubleshooting, data collection and analysis,
verification, research, development and service improvements;
- Enable you to share information and communicate with other members and communities;
- Develop and improve the services offered by third parties;
- Determine your geographical location;
- Send you service or promotional information via email, text messages, and notices on the BigMarker
- Administer your member or community account;
- Resolve your reported disputes and suspected foul play;
- Recommend other members to connect with you.
III. BigMarker’s Disclosure of Information
- BigMarker may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, exercise our legal rights or
defend against legal claims, to protect BigMarker’s interests, fight against fraud and to enforce our
or to protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
- In order to provide its services, BigMarker may share with its business partners, in a secure environment,
your personal and traffic data. These business partners may include group companies, carriers, partner
providers and/or agents. They are required to take measures to protect your personal and traffic data in
accordance with the law.
- BigMarker products and services may be licensed or co-branded and offered together with or directly by a
partner company. If you register for or use such products, you consent to both BigMarker’s and the partner
company’s use of personal data collected in connection with the licensed or co-branded product.
BigMarker, BigMarker’s local partner, or the operator or company facilitating your communication may provide
personal data, communications content and/or traffic data to an appropriate judicial, law enforcement or
government authority lawfully requesting such information. BigMarker will provide all reasonable assistance
and information to fulfill this request and you hereby consent to such disclosure.
- Your information may be stored and processed in any country in which Amazon or its affiliates,
or service providers maintain facilities. BigMarker reserves the right to transfer information outside of
country. By using BigMarker software, products or websites, you consent to any such transfer of information
outside of your country.
- Please note that information that you voluntarily make Public in your user profile, or which you disclose
a Public Community will become publicly available and viewable by others. It is up to BigMarker members to
aware of what information they are releasing to the public. BigMarker accepts no responsibility or liability
for any private information that was inadvertently made public. If any information has been made public that
was not intended to be made public, please send an email to
- You have the option to provide certain Personal Data to BigMarker. This optional Personal
may be required in order to receive specific services. By providing such information, you are agreeing that
BigMarker may store, process, and review such information. BigMarker may use this information for the
for which it was collected, and this information may be stored for as long as is necessary to provide you
When you purchase tickets to, register for or donate to a webinar or related services on the BigMarker,
you consent to providing your Personal Data to the Organizers, Hosts and Presenters of such webinar and related page, if
we are not responsible for the actions of these Organizers with respect to your Personal Data. It is
important that you review the applicable policies of the Organizers of a webinar before providing Personal
Data or other information in connection with that webinar.
IV. Your Information Choices for Communities
- If you belong to a public community, your name will automatically be made public. Further, any information
you choose to share within your profile and within a public community will be made public.
- When you create a BigMarker account, you will automatically be entered into the BigMarker Community. The
BigMarker Community is public, so your name, as well as any information you choose to share within your
profile will be made public. If you do not want your name or profile information made public, you can leave
the BigMarker Community. This can be done by navigating to the BigMarker Community page at
bigmarker.com/BMcommunity, scrolling over the “My Profile” button and clicking
on the “Leave Community” link.
- Information you share within a private community will only be made available to other members of such
- If you only belong to a private community, then your name and profile information will only be made
available to the members of those communities. However, if you also belong to a public community, your name
and profile information will be made public.
- You may also be given a chance to provide additional profile information that is unique to a specific
community. For a private community, any information you choose to share will only be available to other
members of such private community. For a public community, any information you choose to share will be made
Within a community, you can create or become a member of a sub-community, which can represent a department,
chapter or team within the parent community. Any information you share in a parent community or any of its
groups will be shared with members of the parent community. For example, information you choose to
share in a sub-community will be shared with the members of the parent community.
Community organizers have the opportunity to create community partnerships with other communities. Community
partnerships can exist between public communities, private communities, and a combination of public and
private communities. Once a community partnership is formed, each partnered community will have access to
information shared by the other partnered communities. If you are the community organizer of a partnered
private community with a partnership with a public community, then the information shared by the partnered
private community will be made public, unless you choose to make the information private.
In order to improve your user experience, we use analytics partners including Google Analytics, KISSmetrics,
and Optimizely to gather statistical and analytical information about how you use our Services.
VI. Advertising & Promotion and Opt Out
- From time-to-time, you may receive promotional materials from BigMarker announcing special offers and
featured BigMarker conferences or communities.
- BigMarker and its promotional partners may use non-personally identifiable information that you have
provided in your profile or otherwise provided to BigMarker, such as your age, gender, language, country of
residence, time zone, as well as information about your relationship with our Services in order to provide
offers and promotional materials likely to be of greater interest to you and to help BigMarker measure and
improve the performance of our promotional campaigns.
- You may opt out of promotional communications at any time by clicking the ‘Opt Out’ link at the bottom of
emails, or managing your communications settings in your personal profile.
VII. Linked websites and third party applications
The BigMarker website and its web pages may contain links that allow you to leave the BigMarker website and
access other websites. Such hyperlinked websites are not under the control of BigMarker and may have different
the BigMarker website and its web pages or through your use of our Services. BigMarker urges you to be careful
when providing any personal information online and BigMarker accepts no responsibility or liability for these
VIII. Contacting You
- From time-to-time, we may ask you to provide information about your BigMarker experience, which we may use
to improve our Services. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any such information.
- We reserve the right to use email, text messages and other communication methods to notify you of any
claims related to your use of our Services, including without limitation claims of violation of any third
BigMarker is not intended for or designed to attract users under the age of 13, and we do not intentionally
or knowingly collect personal information on our websites from anyone under the age of 13. We encourage
parents to be involved in their children’s online activities to ensure that no information is collected from a
child without parental permission.
constitute acceptance of our amended terms.
User data (including personal data, financial information, and uploaded content) is stored safely and
securely in the cloud using industry-standard encryption and data protection practices. We never make this
information available to anyone. As users of web and cloud services ourselves, we take security very
XII. How to Contact Us
Thank you for being a part of the BigMarker movement! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time
you have questions, concerns, feedback, or other requests. You can use the following email addresses to reach
us, and we will generally respond within a day or two.