Mare Forum + Bureau Veritas will host this online panel discussion on sense and nonsense about fuels and decarbonization.
Our panel of experts will guide you through a web of questions about the future of fuels and Green Shipping.
Themes to be discussed:
• Decarbonization after Covid19 – acceleration or deceleration?
• Decarbonization: international v. national and local variations in requirements?
• Scrubbers or fuels – still a dilemma?
• Slow steaming – where are we?
• Is LNG a solution for the near-term only?
• Is hydrogen technology and its widespread availability for shipping only a dream?
• And what about the other liquid alternatives?
• The role of batteries and electric propulsion?
• Is there enough infrastructure in ports worldwide to facilitate new fuels?
• When will shipbuilders start marketing low to zero carbon ship designs?
• New ship types for new trades?
• Is there money - and who has it - to invest in green fuels and green shipping?
• Can we find a balance between compliance and commercial sense?