As individuals we want to be helpful.
As organizations we strive to serve others.
Both intentions cause us to say “yes” to too many people and opportunities. Saying “yes” all the time simply is not sustainable. In trying to be all things to all people, we may end up being not enough of anything...for anyone.
This webinar explores saying yes less, why it matters and the beliefs and behaviors required to do it. While the principles discussed in the webinar are relevant for individuals and organizations, our time together will focus almost exclusively on their individual application. Specifically, we will explore the following questions:
• What beliefs influence your philosophy of yes?
• To what offers or opportunities would you definitely say no? Why?
• With what people or in what situations do you most often feel obliged to say yes?
• What are potential pitfalls of embracing the improv philosophy of yes and?
• What are helpful ways of saying no that lessen any potential negative