The Form I-9 is used to document the verification of both identity and employment eligibility of employees. Failure to comply exposes employers to both civil and criminal penalties.
This webinar will give you the nuts and bolts of I-9 compliance and enforcement. It will also discuss certain thorny issues that may come up for employers such as re-verification and document retention.
- The Form I-9 and completing the process
- Employer and employee obligations
- Trends in recent enforcement
- Best practices
- How to prepare for a government audit
- Conducting self audits to ensure compliance