Besides the ATAR and UCAT, the interview is the last remaining assessment medical schools use to select the best candidates each year. However, despite its overwhelming importance, many med school candidates tend to overlook the complexity of the interview and arrive on the day blatantly unprepared. Since interviews are held as early as the 16th of Nov (yes, anywhere between a few days to 10 days after your final exams), the term 3 holidays become a critical time to start preparing.
We will be covering:
1. How interviews are conducted, what interviewers look for in each response & how marks are awarded
2. Latest trends and tendencies for interviewer preferences
3. Introducing and dissecting the challenges that come with each of the SEVEN question types asked in the 2018 medical school interviews
4. Common mistakes and misconceptions students have about interviews
5. Discussing actual interview questions and the best ways to plan, organise and deliver answers that score big time
6. The steps you need to undertake for the best interview preparation from the free workshop until your interview
As a professional interviewer of 10+ years, Michael, iCanMed's co-founder, will explain precisely why so many people fail at the final stage of selection, as well as how you can turn the interview into your ticket for successful entry.