Flipped (Math) Classrooms. Let's learn together how we might create our own implementation. Read up on the idea at http://flipped-learning.com/, by Jon Bergmann, one half of the team that invented the idea five years ago.
We're going to talk about the Flipped Classroom from two perspectives:
1) Tools -Troy Stein, TechSmith (@troystein, http://blogs.techsmith.com/for-educators/)
2) Pedagogy & Implementation -
* Audrey McLaren McGoldrick (@a_mcsquared, http://audrey-mcsquared.blogspot.com/)
* Kyle Webb (@webbkyle, http://blog.kylewebb.ca/)
* Graham Johnson (@math_johnson, http://flippingmath.wordpress.com/)
* Ryan Banow (@rbanow, http://ryanbanow.blogspot.com/)
This meeting is our last of 2012 but don't fear, we'll start up again in January. Thanks to everyone who attended, presented, and talked about #globalmath in 2012!
I'm looking for 1-2 volunteers for early 2013 to manage finding and confirming speakers as well as running the meetings on Tuesday nights. Commitment is about 1 hour a week for the first part and 2 hours a week for running a meeting. Do the community a solid and help out? If you don't volunteer, I'll be forced to pick random popsicle sticks with your names on them... --Megan H-G (@mgolding)