Globally, approximately 280 million people suffer from mood issues, and some are interested in turning to herbs rather than using traditional pharmaceutical options. This presentation will discuss Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM), supportive strategies, and ethical issues related to deviating from these traditional options.*
Common mood support Pharmaceuticals and the following botanicals will be discussed: Melissa officinalis (Lemon balm), Hypericum perforatum (St John's Wort), Crocus sativus (Saffron), Matricaria chamomila (Chamomile), Rhodiola rosea (rhodiola)
This webinar is for healthcare professionals and students only.
This webinar will offer the following:
• 1.0 PHARMACOLOGY credit of Naturopathic Continuing Education by The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians for NDs
• 1.0 credit of Continuing Professional Education by PACE for DCs
• 1.0 continuing education credit for the Certified Nutrition Specialist® by The Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists℠, the certifying board of the American Nutrition Association (ANA)
• To receive CE credit, you must attend the live event and register using CNS, DC or ND credentials.
• Eligible for CNSs and NDs in the U.S. only. DCs, see below for eligible locations accepting PACE credit.
• After attending the live event, you will receive your CE certificate via email within 3-4 weeks.
PACE is Accepted in the Following Locations:
Alaska, Connecticut, Colorado, District of Columbia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, Nova Scotia
DCs - Please verify this topic is accepted in your jurisdiction.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This webinar and/or products is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.