The use of digital technologies in investment promotion and attraction is increasing. Investment promotion agencies (IPAs) and other organizations responsible for attracting investment to their locations are looking for new ways to operate and generate results in a challenging environment. Digital approaches can be used for much more than marketing and can increase the effectiveness of an IPA’s full range of activities, from identifying potential investors, engaging with decision makers and providing value through service delivery. Digital transformation involves more than simply buying off-the-shelf digital tools. It requires changing internal processes and even the culture of the organization as part of an overall strategy.
This discussion will focus on the key success factors for digital transformation in investment promotion. Topics included:
• In what areas of investment promotion, attraction and facilitation can digital technologies have the greatest impact?
• What are the advantages of digital technology relative to conventional approaches and how can the two be combined?
• To what degree can digital technologies enhance IPA performance and generate greater results?
• What are the prerequisites and key success factors for successful digital transformation in investment promotion and attraction?
• What are the potential costs and returns of implementing digital technologies?
• What organizational changes are required for digital transformation to be possible?