Ever feel disappointed in the timeliness or quality of your audit team’s work? Do you find yourself dragging your feet when you need to give someone critical feedback?
You will love this session with Shanda Miller and Jason Mefford because you'll get four foundational team leadership concepts you can implement right away. It's best for new or aspiring Lead Auditors, Audit Managers, and Chief Audit Executives.
1. Learn the must-do step for building a foundation of trust with each one of your team members
2. Understand the power of purpose
3. Learn two common pitfalls to avoid and how to tap your team’s potential
4. Discover the best techniques for providing effective feedback
Some highlights of our discussion include:
- Leadership: it’s not about you
- The number one thing that will distinguish you as a leader
- Poor team performance doesn’t mean you have a bad team
- Most feedback is missing this one critical element
Shanda K. Miller is a champion for public service leaders. She typically works with new team leads, supervisors, and program managers and helps them flourish as leaders. She helps them build thriving teams that deliver extraordinary results on-time and on-budget.
Shanda is a Certified Internal Auditor and has over 20 years of experience leading teams in the Public Service sector. Before starting Become a Super Leader, a leadership development business, her last position was Chief Audit Executive for Lane County, Oregon. In 2019, Shanda published her book From Supervisor to Super Leader, a complete team leadership guide for new and aspiring team leaders.
Learn more at: https://becomeasuperleader.com/
Field: Personnel / Human Resources
Delivery Method: Group
CPE Hours: 1.0