Most software solutions merely simulate the room, and provide us simulated measurements and performance. That's great, but it tells us very little about how to improve a room. What we need is a design tool that can help us understand why a room sounds the way it is, and figure out how could we improve it. This is where an open-source solution like Pachyderm shines.
In 60 minutes, you'll learn:
1. The basics of room acoustics.
2. How and when to apply acoustical modelling.
3. Acoustical materials and the optimal scale of modeled elements.
4. What kinds of problems acoustical modelling is well-suited to.
5. How to study not just simulated impulse response, but also room geometry and wave propagation.
+ Bonus PRO Tips
Can't attend live? You should still register! You'll receive all raw files (.zip) and life-time access to the video recording.
Thursday, Dec 21, 2017, 1:00 am
- 2:00 am
Duration: 1 hour
Who can attend
Dial-in available? (listen only)
Education & learning
Hosted By Thank God It's Computational
TGIC is a community-driven platform providing concise technology education that allows students and professionals to learn at their own pace and stay up-to-date.
Early in his career, Arthur founded the Pachyderm Acoustics Open Source acoustic simulation initiative. Since then, he has worked on a wide range of building projects with architects worldwide. From 2012 to 2016, he worked as an acoustician with...