Vanguard is one of the world’s largest investment management companies, with $6.1 trillion in assets under management globally.* Vanguard’s unique corporate ownership structure ensures a consistent focus on our clients.
Most investment firms are either publicly traded or owned by private investors. Vanguard is different: We're owned by the Vanguard funds, which in turn are owned by their shareholders. Both Vanguard and the funds share the mission of helping Vanguard fund shareholders achieve their financial goals. With no other parties to answer to, and therefore no conflicting loyalties, we make decisions—including the decision to keep investing costs as low as possible—with our clients’ needs in mind. **
The benefits our clients enjoy include:
• A prudent approach to long-term investing.
• Broad expertise in plan design, portfolio construction, and fiduciary matters.
• Liability-matched investing for pension plans.
• High-quality administrative outsourcing services.
• Targeted participant education and advice.
With headquarters in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, Vanguard employs about 17,800 people worldwide.† More information is available at institutional.vanguard.com.
* As of June 30, 2020. ** Vanguard is client-owned. As client–owners, individual shareholders own the funds that own Vanguard. † As of June 30, 2020.